Monday, January 05, 2009

Big Changes for 2009

Take a gander at that dresser. It's a bonafide antique, circa 1974. A coat of white paint and a little sanding on the places were rodents ate the bottom drawer (only the best for my babies) and it's darn cute.

Oh, hi there! Remember me? I used to have a blog that I updated way back in the year 2008?

Sorry I've been absent. The holidays were great and Kevin has been on vacation since Christmas, so we've been busy doing stuff around the house and just sort of enjoying each other's company for the past couple of weeks. Big things have happened though. Most importantly is that Anna has officially been evicted from the nursery and the transition has gone beautifully. She loves her B.G.R. (which we're not even really calling the "big girl room" anymore--it's simply Anna's room now). The first night was a little rough and, being the little Jurica that she is (Hi, Juricas! Hugs and kisses!) she opted to sleep on the floor instead of the toddler bed, just to spite us. I went in about 3:30am to check on her and moved her limp, unconscious but still strong-willed little body into the toddler bed and it's been smooth-sailing ever since. When she wakes up in the morning, she typically gets some books off of her shelf and reads or plays with her toys. It's great.

I was so nervous about this transition because everyone had told me (and by everyone, I mean all of the moms in the infamous mom's group that I belong to) not to kick a kid out of a crib until necessary because you'll scar them for life and run the risk of your child never sleeping through the night again (rolls eyes). I'm pleased to report that, so far, we've had no such problems and we're all one happy little family of good sleepers.

Onto Baby Brother news: Anna's eviction from the nursery has allowed me the opportunity to begin "butching up" the nursery--getting it ready for Baby Brother. I worked all weekend long in there and it's really coming together nicely. I'll post pictures soon. Best of all, getting the nursery put together has made me feel like we're maybe, just maybe, a little closer to being ready for this baby to come. Ok, maybe not ready...more like prepared. Hmmm. Ok, maybe not prepared. How about resigned to this baby coming? Nope, that sounds too negative. Coming to terms with this baby coming? Ok, I'll go with that one.

In other Baby Brother news: I'm feeling very pregnant these days and am yearning for a time when I'm not pregnant anymore. Not that this hasn't been an easy pregnancy, but I'm seeing cute Spring dresses in store windows and longing to sit outside at Berryhill, sipping a margarita. It seems as though he's just as ready to get out as well because it feels like he's clawing his way out like a crazed prison inmate. I told Kevin the other day that I was concerned that I was incubating, not a human, but a litter of kittens. I'm sore from the kicking and scratching from the inside and fully expect to see talons or maybe a comb and tube of toothpaste, fashioned into a chisel of some sort on this kid when he comes out.

3 comments:

Vicki Jamison said...

Be careful with the "antique" comments as I graduated from high school in 1974!!!! LOL!!!! somehow I don't FEEL antique!

Jenny said...

Well, Vicki--if this makes you feel any better, and it probably won't--that dresser was mine as a baby, hence the "antique" reference. It's probably better made than what I would've ended up with from Ikea. And, a little lead paint never hurt anyone, right? ;-)

Hattie said...

OMG...... those are the real knobs, aren't they!!!! Flower Power is back, and is sooo groovy! I just love it!!! It looks like a room that any gal would love to retreat to, and I'm sure once HeMan gets here, Anna will retreat often to her special abode! I've missed your posts.... I'm so glad you're back! I need my daily dose of 'feel good'! xoxoxo Hattie