Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Anna's Evening Out

We took Anna to see The Nutcracker for the first time on Sunday. Up until now, she wasn't old enough to fully appreciate it (especially given the steep ticket prices). This year, she's taking ballet so she has an appreciation for dance and she's old enough to sit still for 2+ hours. The performance was to begin at 7:30pm so we left Jack with a babysitter and went to dinner first. It was cold and rainy Sunday afternoon, so we opted to eat close to the theater. We stumbled upon a sushi place that looked good and all Anna cared about was eating shrimp, so we were good. 





She'd never used chopsticks before and, after only a quick tutorial, she went to town! It was amazing. 


Family picture before leaving the restaurant

The orchestra for The Nutcracker

Beautiful scenery! It's hard to tell from the picture, but that's a multi-layered scenery.



We had a grand time and are looking forward to doing it again next year.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Fun! The chopsticks skills are impressive!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to get Anna to show me how to use chopsticks - a skill I've always admired! Count me in for next year's performance, please.....XXX Bubbe

Vicki Jamison said...

Oh...8 years ago, I invited my daughter to come to Houston with me to see the Nutcracker. She and I stumbled upon probably the same Sushi restaurant...and lo and behold Aislynn wouldn't drink alcohol or eat "raw" sushi...woo hoo...found out she was pregnant (with Lillian Claire)...I have taken Lillie to see the Nutcracker here in CC but it's nothing compared to the Houston production. I will have to make the trip there again with Miss Lillie so she can enjoy too!!!

I love the Nutcracker...

oh, and Aislynn and I stopped for Beignets on the way home...I will never forget that trip!

Thanks for sharing your Nutcracker memory with us!