Let's revisit where we left off earlier in the week (in terms of Jack's Halloween costume)...
Suddenly, on Monday--Halloween afternoon--about 3pm, after systematically rejecting his Spiderman costume time and time again, Jack sighed a large, exasperated sigh and (of his own free will) said, "Ok, I'm ready to put on my costume". I was shocked. SHOCKED. I just figured that he had to arrive at the idea on his own terms, and as the clock was ticking quickly toward the time to go trick or treating and to our neighborhood block party, he admitted defeat and put his costume on. I snapped several pictures because I was unsure how long he'd actually keep it on (and yes, that's a potty in our living room. Potty training strips you of all house pride).
Turns out, he kept it on, up until about 5pm...approximately 30 minutes before we were heading out to start the festivities. Panic ensued. Mama headed to his bedroom to scour for anything that might do in a pinch for an "eleventh-hour" costume.
Why, oh why, I ask you...didn't I think of this sooner? It would've saved us all much pain and suffering.


1 comment:
Jen: You are just toooooo clever! Looks like Jack is channeling his inner "Tim the Tool Man"....I love it!!! XXX Bubbe
Post a Comment