Friday, July 08, 2011

Jack-ism of the day

(have I ever even done a "Jack-ism" before? How exciting!)

Backstory:

Anna got sent home from school today for having a fever of 103. Luckily, I was able to get her in to see her pediatrician later in the afternoon but, this also meant taking Jack along with us. Most parents know this commandment of parenthood: "Thou shall not take a HEALTHY child into a pediatrician's office, unwarranted". But, sometimes you've just gotta strap on your holster of hand sanitizer and trudge on into the pediatrician's office, with sick and healthy kids in tow. So, our pediatrician walked into the exam room and greeted Anna with a sentiment something like, "Hi Anna! So, are you feeling not-so-great today?" then she looked over at Jack and said, "Hi, Jack!". At this point, Jack walked directly up to her, with his hands folded politely behind his back and said this, as clear as day:

"I would like a dinosaur. I would like it to be pink or purple."

The doctor and I just looked at each other and laughed because it was so out-of-left-field and totally hilarious.

No comments: