You know, about 4 months ago, I told Kevin that I'd really like to carve out some time for myself every week, in order to do some writing. I often feel like, when I do get a chance to blog, it's on the fly...it's hurried, sometimes (ok, usually) nonsensical and replete with incoherent ramblings about the kids. I have a lot more material, you guys. I promise. It's just that I can't find the time to sit down and put the words together the way I want.
So, that "time to myself" to write just hasn't happened. It's not that Kevin reneged on his promise, it's just that, when he's here and helping out with the kids, I'm running around like a maniac, cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry or sometimes going to the grocery store. The bottom line is that my "time to myself" is very rarely much time at all, and certainly not "all to myself" (especially if you consider that I'm usually folding men's boxer briefs and kid pajamas).
All of this is leading up to this point: I know my blog is boring and lacks creativity. It's not for a lack of things to write about or imagination--it's as a result of lack of time. Which is weird because it seems like time goes by so slowly sometimes. (But did you know that an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba is only 22 minutes long? In that case, 22 minutes flies by) I always think of great things to blog about, but when these ideas hit me, I'm usually 1. driving 2. holding Jack (one-handed typing, which is my most common way of answering emails these days, is pretty frustrating) or 3. cooking dinner. As you can see, none of these scenarios are ideal for plopping down and putting my thoughts down. It's frustrating.
So, in more up-lifting, less "woe is me" news: We got a new car! Thanks be to God. Our old car was ok but it was beginning to give us problems (Have I told you about the giant rat that was living in our garage and eating our old Jeep piece--by expensive, labor-intensive--piece? That's a blog that I'll write during one of my "designated creative writing" times. Ha.). It also wasn't the safest vehicle on the road anymore, being that it was approaching 7 years old. So, we upgraded to a Jeep Commander. It looks like this:
Just like this, minus the roof rack and the mountainous terrainI'm pleased as punch to have some extra space and a more safe vehicle to haul my family around in. We also did Mr. Dave Ramsey proud by financing only an itty bitty fraction of it and should have it paid off in a year or so...all the while, sticking money away in savings to pay cash for our next car.
And, in true fashion, Jack is awake from his nap, so "creative writing time" is official over. Lucky you because my next "Why You Should Get on Board With Dave Ramsey" rant was about to take off.
And, in true fashion, Jack is awake from his nap, so "creative writing time" is official over. Lucky you because my next "Why You Should Get on Board With Dave Ramsey" rant was about to take off.
1 comment:
Dave would definitely be proud!!!! I really think he's 'right on' with his approach. WOW.... your Jeep is AWESOME! Is your's red? I bet Anna thinks it's cool, and Jack could probably care less. See you next weekend. Can't wait! xooxxo Hattie
Post a Comment