Wednesday morning, at 8:30am, Anna and I were doing our usual power-walk around the park. Often, we see a group of three older ladies doing their morning walk as well. They seldom hear us as we approach them from behind on the trail because they're usually gossiping and gabbing about their grandchildren, fellow church members or crotchety husbands. I usually have to break them out of their gab session by announcing our presence and excusing us for passing them on the right.
That morning, two of the usual three were walking. I saw one of them carrying something with her but couldn't make it out until we got closer. Upon further inspection, I realized that it was a Bud Light box (like what a 12 pack would come in). It looked so funny to see this old biddy with a Bud Light box in her hand at 8:30 on a Wednesday morning. As we passed them, I motioned toward the box and asked if they were heading to a party this morning. They both laughed and said that no, they were picking up cans to recycle and were using the box as a receptacle. It still gave me quite a chuckle.
No comments:
Post a Comment